By Amanda Kahlow, CEO, 6sense
Are you reaching all of your potential customers? How much do you know about them? How much do they know about you? How much do they know about your competitors? You track things like visitors, clicks and downloads from your site; but these metrics don’t tell you anything about who and where your future buyers are, what they care about and whether they’ll buy anytime soon.
In today’s world, finding buyers before they show up on your front door is the magic formula. Then you can engage in a timely and meaningful way to drive more sales.
Unfortunately, traditional marketing reaches just a fraction of your potential buying universe. That’s because today’s B2B buyers lurk in the shadows; they are self-educating, they’re anonymous and they are in complete control of the buying process. With supercomputers in their pockets, they can connect to every bit of information about what they’re in market to buy. They make decisions long before they contact you — while you are late to the bargaining table and still in the dark.
Imagine if you could see all the buyers that have a need for your products. Predictive intelligence solutions, like 6sense, give companies the ability to tap into that universe of B2B intent data to find, engage and sell to all these potential customers, wherever they are in their buying journey. When you eliminate guesswork and add predictive, you can transform your sales and marketing efforts to overcome inefficiencies, improve precision and drive exponential gains.
Here are six steps to building a systematic marketing approach using predictive intelligence:
- Create your ideal buyer profile: Who is your customer today, and who will it be 12 to24 months from now? Defining your customer will help your predictive vendor put the right demographic and firmographic data into their models.
- Define your goals for predictive: Do you need more net-new prospects? Do you need to find buyers earlier? Better MQL-to-SQL conversions? Define your goals to track the right metrics and evaluate success weekly/monthly.
- Look at your segmented prospects. Once you score accounts and contacts and identify net-new prospects, you’ll need to re-look at your funnel. You’ll find zombie leads actively searching for products like yours. Or 2000-plus prospects that have NEVER engaged with a single person at your company — and yet are furiously researching you.
- Personalize and deploy. Now that you have a full-picture view of all of your prospects, create campaigns that speak to them from awareness to purchase. Plan hyper-targeted and personalized campaigns.
- Run a “before and after” campaign. Run a “blind” campaign using predictive leads and a “control” campaign with targeted but un-prioritized prospects. Analyze the results. Our customers have seen a 300% reduction in the number of touches to open an opportunity.
- Optimize and focus your spend. Now it’s time to streamline your marketing activities and use data and intelligence to drive your campaigns.
Once you’ve completed these six steps, you’ll wonder how you ever did it before by just guessing and hoping. You’ll know more about your buyers and can more predictably drive efficiency and real results: engagement and sales.
Amanda Kahlow is the CEO and founder of 6sense, a predictive intelligence platform for B2B marketing and sales. She has over 15 years of experience working with large B2B enterprises and mid-market companies, helping them apply multi-channel analytics to generate hundreds of millions in net-new business.